February 2016

Honduras Strives for a More Diverse and Environmentally Friendly Energy Mix

Friday, February 12, 2016

In 2014 nearly 60% of the energy produced in power plants was generated by internal combustion engines, gas and steam plants (thermal generation), while the remaining 40% was renewable energy. With this scenario in mind, the national government is taking action to improve the operating conditions of the electric system in order to incorporate diverse […]

Panama Officially Part of the Cradle to Cradle Global Movement

Friday, February 12, 2016

It was only July 2015 when a team of experts from the Department of Sustainable Development of the Organization of Americas States (OAS), finished collecting the information for designing sound strategies for these two Panamanian SMEs before they applied to the certification of the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute. Both companies celebrated the arrival […]

Thinking of Reducing your Footprint? Deleting Emails Can Help

Friday, February 12, 2016

In an Internet-dependent world, most people are yet to realize that massive email storage might have perverse consequences on the environment. Seems environmental conscience goes beyond veganism or paper saving. Transitioning to digital storage is leading to major increases in energy consumption. Google itself acknowledges it is “as much of an energy glutton as heavy […]