Monday, December 4, 2017 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
ENERGY WEEK: Pathway to Paris Workshop
The Organization of American States (OAS) and the Latin American Energy Organization (OLADE) will host this workshop in Buenos Aires, Argentina, during Energy Week.
The workshop supports a study titled ‘Pathways to Paris’, conducted in collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and General Electric to address national efforts to develop sustainable energy systems and meet goals and targets for future energy development. It will provide strategies and recommendations for compliance with Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), including policy and technology options specifically for the power sector.
MIT’s Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change and Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEPR), a focal point for research on energy and environmental policy at MIT, will draw on their global experience and a modeling framework that can assess technology options, their commercial viability, and policies to prepare an analysis of the region, and some country-specific, plans to bridge the gap between current emission trajectories and NDC goals.
With participant inputs, MIT will explore key challenges and potential policy and technology solutions, and assess two illustrative country level approaches, based on a multi-sectoral computable economic model. A final report will be presented at the Facilitative Dialogue that will be held at the COP24 to be held in Katowice, Poland in December 2018.
See agenda, here.
- Argentina: Rocío Rodríguez, Ministry of Energy and Mines. See presentation, here.
- Chile: Juan Pedro Searle Solar, Ministry of Energy. See presentation, here.
- Colombia: Olga Victoria Gonzalez, Mining and Energy Planning Unit. See presentation, here.
- Ecuador: Marco Valencia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Human Mobility. See presentation, here.
- Guatemala: Luis Lepe, Ministry of Energy and Mines. See presentation, here.
- Jamaica: Betsy Bandy, Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology. See presentation, here.
- Mexico: Erika Streu Steenbock, Energy Secretariat. See presentation, here.
- Panama: National Secretariat of Energy. See presentation, here.
- Uruguay: Ministry of Industry Energy and Mining. See presentation, here.
sito en Aimé Painé 1130
Wednesday, 01 November, 2017