Tuesday, June 7, 2016 - Thursday, June 9, 2016
Workshop on Energy Efficiency for Appliances and Labeling: Challenges and Opportunities for the Region
The event will take place from 7th to 9th of June- 2016, in San Jose- Costa Rica, at the Costa Rican Institute of Electricity (ICE). The Department of Sustainable Development of the Organization of American States (OAS) under the ECPA initiative "Renewable Energy and Climate Science: Metrology and Technology Challenges in the Americas", is hosting this workshop in collaboration with the Laboratorio Costarricense de Metrología (LACOMET), and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Central America and Dominican Republic
- To promote increased cooperation and coordination among technical bodies, regulators, accreditors, standards developers and other stakeholders in Central America (CA) and the Dominican Republic (DR), to increase effectiveness of programs and policies on energy efficiency.
- To explore opportunities for regional cooperation in measuring compliance to advance the implementation of energy efficiency standards and labeling programs for equipment and appliance.
- To increase the technical capacities of the main actors responsible for designing and implementing energy efficiency measures in equipment (motors, engines) and appliances (air conditioning, refrigerators, lighting), in CA and DR.
- To create political awareness of the opportunities for energy efficiency, especially in the context of sustainable energy programs for all (SE4ALL), where the region has an international commitment to double its rate of increase in energy efficiency. This objective contributes directly to the fulfillment of global sustainable development goals of UN 2030.
- To identify opportunities in the measurement area, specifically on the role of metrology institutes in the region to support the development of energy efficiency ratings (indexes) in CA and DR.
- To explore opportunities for collaboration and coordination with national, regional, international and multilateral organizations implementing energy efficiency programs in the region.
Please see Workshop's concept note here
Coordinate: OAS, NIST, and LACOMET
Target: Industry, academia, and both public and private sectors.
Dates: June 7-9, 2016
Location: Costa Rican Institute of Electricity (ICE)
Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad (ICE)
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps
Friday, 06 May, 2016